We are working with a San Francisco-based client and are expanding our team here in Guadalajara. Together we’re taking on a big challenge – a product that “virtualizes” large legacy data warehouses (in the multiple terabyte scale) so that they can be migrated into modern cloud environments. The company has been around since 2015 and recently closed $11M usd in their latest venture funding round. Their first commercial product was launched at the beginning of 2018 and they already have a strong roster of Fortune 500 clients.
We’re looking for developers to work with us on the infrastructure of the core engine that translates, in real time, database queries and results; then optimizes them to execute on modern cloud databases. Currently the Mexico team consists of six people but the intent is to dramatically grow the team this year. As we grow, management and team leadership positions will be available.
Experience with the following:
- Data Structures and algorithms
- Computer science fundamentals
- Spoken and Written English
- C/C++ and/or Java, although we don’t care which language you’re using now
- You write clean, organized, effective and maintainable code
- You love to build scalable infrastructure products and would be interested in solving tough query optimization and execution challenges.
- Scrum and Agile
- Database Internals
- Storage Systems
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Distributed Systems
- Query Processing and Optimization
- The position is full time with a competitive salary and benefits.
- We’re located in GDL. You could work out of our office here, out of your home, or a combination of both. Of course, you’d be responsible for attending the stand up meetings, etc.
- It would be helpful if you were able to travel to San Fran every once in a while.
- Please send your CV or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com
- Please mention at what time is ok for you to attend a call