We are working with a New York/Washington DC-based client and are expanding our team here in Guadalajara. Together we’re taking on a big challenge – Full automation of the gathering and categorization of US court records.
The position primarily involves writing web scrapers for court websites. You will be required to research the target website in order to fully understand how to access the data; provide an interface for users to search this data without having to go to the court directly; define rules for automated searching; and format the data in a structure which integrates with our data analysis tools. On a given day you will be working on one of these functions as well as reviewing any bugs or issues with previously completed scrappers.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional server-side applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Keep up with emerging technologies and best practices
- Fully understand the existing codebase and leverage it whenever possible
Experience with the following is required:
- Proven work experience as a python developer
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Hands on experience with:
- Python 2 (eventually python 3)
- Web scraping
- Elastic search
- Knowledge of PyCharm (you can use any coding tools, but this is what the team uses)
- Packaging: Docker, Kubernetes
- GCS and GAE
- Scrum and Agile
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Conversational level of English is required
The position is full time with very competitive salary and benefits. We’re located in GDL. You would work out of our office here with flexibility for working remotely.
Please send your CV or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.